Remember last summer? That first hot weekend of the spring? Just as metro area families were having their first cookouts and getting ready to celebrate graduations, the temperatures were hitting the mid-90s! It is not quite that warm yet, but we are already prompting homeowners to get their ACs checked. That’s right! And we are not crazy!
Here are our top six reasons why you should have your AC checked in the spring… BEFORE the hot weather hits!
- Your wallet will thank you!
Being prepared means that you will be ahead of the game and your system will be running more efficiently, even if it is just a routine inspection and does not need any major repairs. While there is a fee for inspections, it does not come close to what a major repair could run you!
- Routine inspections can reduce the need for major repairs.
By having a tech come out and check on the different parts of your air conditioning system, you are mitigating the chances of needing a major repair down the line. They should be able to spot any problem areas before they become major problems for your system.
- Regular maintenance can reduce your monthly utility bills.
To keep your system running at peak efficiency, your tech can regularly maintain your air conditioning. With peak efficiency comes annual savings on your utility bills because your system will not have to work as hard to get the cold air out into your home.
- Maintaining your AC helps you avoid the discomfort of a breakdown.
No one wants to have the temperatures outside hitting triple digits and not being able to cool down the inside of their home. Sticky air makes for very cranky children and pets! By regularly maintaining your AC system, you will most likely be avoiding these inopportune breakdowns in the future.
- Planning ahead of the “summer rush” and scheduling earlier in the year will help you avoid the rush.
Most homeowners who choose to wait until the warmer weather hits for their AC inspections run the risk of having to wait days, or even weeks, for an opening in a repairman’s schedule. Be the early bird and avoid the crazy waiting periods!
- Regular inspections can increase the life of your HVAC system.
Because regular inspections can increase the efficiency of your system and make them run more smoothly, these inspections can also increase the life of your HVAC system by spotting major issues ahead of time.
What Do The Techs At ServiceOne Do During A 20-Point Air Conditioner Inspection?
- Check Thermostat
- Check Circulating Motor
- Check Circulating Blower Blades
- Check and Flush Condensate Drains
- Check Motor Belts
- Check Motor Bearings
- Lubricate Blower Motor
- Check Air Filters
- Check & Tighten Power Connections
- Check Evaporator Temp Differential
- Check Condenser Coil
- Check Refrigerant Levels
- Check Condenser Motor
- Check Condenser Fan Blade
- Check all Electric Connections
- Check Contactor
- Check Compressor Amps
- Lubricate Condenser Motor
- Visual Inspection of Refrigerant Piping
- Inspect or Replace System Capacitors
What Can You Do To Help Prepare Your AC For The Upcoming Summer Months?
- Replace the air filter. We recommend monthly changes if your system uses a 1” thick filter - especially if anyone in your home suffers from allergies or you have kids and/or pets in your home!
- Visually inspect the condensate drain line and clear it regularly to keep it free of gunk, algae, or mold.
- Visually inspect the outside AC unit to make sure that there is no buildup of leaves or other debris clogging up the coil or panels. Also check for any storm damage from the fall or winter storms in the area.
For over 25 years, ServiceOne has been trusted to provide top-notch sales and service to homes and businesses in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area and in Dubuque, Iowa. With over 90 employees standing by to help you, you can always trust us to deliver 100% satisfactory service. We offer Home Warranty & Service Agreements, HVAC services, Plumbing services, Electrical services, Appliance Repair, and also help with Generators and Home & Business Automation. For more information about our services, contact us today!