Why are more and more homeowners looking at the benefits of Residential Geothermal Systems?
Last week, we dove into the ins and outs of residential geothermal systems. This week, we’re taking a closer look at the benefits and why now is the right time to invest in a residential geothermal system for your home.
What Are The Benefits Of Residential Geothermal Systems?
- Residential geothermal systems are 400% efficient.
- Residential geothermal systems can be installed in existing homes or in new construction during the building process.
- Residential geothermal systems can be used in any size home.
- Residential geothermal systems help to lower electricity bills and save homeowners a substantial amount of money each month. Conservatively, savings can add up to 30-60% on heating, and 25-50% on cooling.
- Residential geothermal systems provide dependable natural heating and cooling and more financial freedom through the money you save.
- Residential geothermal systems have almost no negative impact on the environment as they harness renewable energy. They help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to planting 750 trees or taking two cars off the road.
- Residential geothermal systems eliminate noisy and ugly outdoor compressors and fans.
- Residential geothermal systems can last for years. With proper design and installation, the underground loop system can last up to 50 years and the indoor components can last 25 years. This makes these systems a sound investment for homeowners, especially those who are planning to live in their homes for a long time.
- Residential geothermal systems can use the same ductwork routing as normal split / furnace / heat pump installations.
- Residential geothermal systems can also potentially replace your traditional water heater.
- Residential geothermal systems require much less “floor space” than a traditional HVAC system.
- Residential geothermal systems have less “moving parts” so they are highly reliable. Failures are rare and minimal maintenance is required.
- Residential geothermal systems eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning associated with natural gas heating and hot water.
- Residential geothermal systems also reduce the risk of residential fires with the lack of a gas furnace and/or gas water heater.
- Residential geothermal system installations are eligible for tax cuts.
Why Is Now A Great Time To Choose A Residential Geothermal System For Your Home?
A tax bill was just signed restoring the 30% federal tax credit for geothermal heat pumps for residential properties and 10% credit for qualifying commercial installations.
For over 25 years, ServiceOne has been trusted to provide top-notch sales and service to homes and businesses in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area and in Dubuque, Iowa. With over 90 employees standing by to help you, you can always trust us to deliver 100% satisfactory service. For geothermal heating and cooling systems, we offer brand names, such as WaterFurnace, Bosch, Floor to Heat Pump, and Climate Master. In addition to geothermal systems, we offer Home Warranty & Service Agreements, HVAC services, Plumbing services, Electrical services, Appliance Repair, and also help with Generators and Home & Business Automation. For more information about our services, contact us today!