Notice some appliances and other electronics in your kitchen need to be cleaned? Here is a list of items to clean and how to properly clean them.
There are three major kitchen appliances that you should keep clean as much as possible.
- Empty It: Take out the old leftovers and throw out all the expired food.
- Clean The Shelves: If you fridge allows you to take out the shelves do this, and put them into hot, soapy water. If it doesn’t, take some Clorox wipes or other cleaning supplies and scrub them down.
- Stainless Steel Appliances: There is certain wipes to buy to use. If you use hot water and soap it will smear. If you don’t have wipes here is how to clean the outside:
- Make a paste of baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste with a damp wash cloth to the fridge.
If you have a smart refrigerator like the Samsung Family Hub, make sure to stay clear of the touch screen with directly wet products. The best thing to do it take a slightly damp paper towel to wipe the surface. Also, follow the steps above to clean the inside.
Special Tip For ALL Refrigerators
Make sure to always clean the handle of your fridge. It can be the dirtiest part of the entire refrigerator.
For ovens, most have an option that allows for self cleaning. You just need to buy the correct type of cleaning spray. If your oven does not have this option you just need water and baking soda.
- Remove The Oven Racks: Remove your oven racks, pizza stone, or anything else you have inside the oven.
- Make A Baking Soda Paste: Take equal parts of water and baking soda and stir it all together. Then you can either put it into a spray bottle or just get a old wash cloth.
- Wipe It Down: Next, spread the paste all over the oven. (We suggest to use gloves for this part.) Let it soak for about twelve hours.
- Clean The Racks: Take this same paste and use a rag or sponge to clean the racks. Once you clean these leave them on the range top.
- Clean The Interior: Take a dishwasher safe bowl; fill it with water and baking soda and start the washer. The steam will help the baking soda and water mixture clean the interior.
Tip: You can also take a dishwasher tablet and run the washer with nothing inside of it.
For a lot of homes, the thermostat is located close to the kitchen. Cleaning this can be a little more challenging depending on how new your thermostat is.
- Take Off The Cover: Once this is done, wait about 15 minutes for the mercury to stabilize. This allows for an actual reading. Once this happens blow the dust out.
The best way to clean programmable thermostats is to clean the screen.
- Take a small soft washcloth and spray Windex on it.
- Carefully wipe off the screen and outside of the thermostat. If you apply too much pressure something could go wrong on the inside.
If you need assistance when it comes to maintenance and repairs on your electronic appliances, give us a call today!