ServiceOne is seeking a Home Automation Advisor to join the sales team. This person is responsible for kick starting our connected home service offerings by selling directly into the home. This includes working with our internal sales and service teams to follow up with homeowners to install our system and/or show them how to use our system. While in the home, the Home Automation Advisor will also help educate the homeowner on various areas of the home that would benefit from having sensors and routine maintenance. Ultimately, success in this role will be measured by how many homeowners choose to expand their systems to include as many ServiceOne Connect features that benefit their specific home. The ideal candidate is well versed in technology especially smart phone apps, has a disarming demeanor, and has the ability to gain commitment without a hard pressure sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities towards achieving goals set forth.
- Install home automation systems and censors and provide training to homeowners.
- Provide ongoing product support and installation trainings.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Communicate and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business.
- Stay update to date on product offerings and features of Building 36.
- Integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities such as promotions, advertising and marketing.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Display commitment to superior customer service.
- Actively promote and solicit sales of new or additional ServiceOne products by optimizing referral and follow-up opportunities.
- Support organization's goals and values.
- Understand business implications of decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of ServiceOne products, policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage personal time and productivity.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines in the most efficient manner possible.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Windows and Office Products.
- Knowledge of SAAS.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Ability to use a phone, calculator, computer, keyboard and a variety of other commonly used office equipment.
- Ability to communicate in English proficiently, effectively and professionally in both verbal and written forms.
- Bilingual skills preferred (English/Spanish).
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s or Trade School degree preferred.