ServiceOne is the most comprehensive multi-trade home service company and the only home warranty company in the Omaha Metro Area. For the past 30 years, our core mission is to be our customer's 'One Simple Solution' for residential and commercial installation and repair services. Our services include heating, cooling & geothermal, plumbing & drains, appliance repair, electrical service, generators, and indoor air quality.
ServiceOne has an exciting opportunity as an Appliance Technician for our Appliance Repair team, located in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Appliance Technicians have a thorough knowledge of residential appliances, are problem-solvers and troubleshooters, have incredible attention to detail, and aren't afraid of tackling new challenges.
As an Appliance Technician, you will have the opportunity to repair Washers and Dryers, Gas and Electric Stoves, Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Refrigerators, and other home appliances in the customers' homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products.
- Maintaining high-quality customer service and care.
- Promoting and selling additional products and services.
- Meeting key performance metrics and/or productivity goals.
- Providing knowledgeable and courteous repair service.
- Looking for ways to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience.
- Communicating benefits of ServiceOne's Home Warranty and Service Agreements to the customer.
- Following the truck maintenance schedule and keeping a clean, organized truck.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 1 – 2 years of appliance repair experience preferred.
- Ability to use a computer for parts inquiries and ordering.
- Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment.
- Ability to perform accurate repair of customer products.
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship.
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime (when necessary).
- Must complete all technician training elements within required timeframes.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing this job's duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and climb; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Daily bending, stooping, and kneeling are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The position requires constant physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily mechanical nature.
To keep our technicians and our customers as safe as possible, we require masks to be worn around our customers. Social distancing, sanitizing workspaces, and notifying your manager if you're sick or have been around anyone who is sick is required.