Apply principals of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements and utilizing appropriate accounting procedures. Handle customer inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Provides bank analysis updates.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Reconcile and provide information on areas of sale, loss, depreciation and purchase of assets.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Prepare and file sales & use tax returns.
- Prepares and complies information to complete all journal entries and ensures that appropriate supporting documentation has been provided.
- Credit card administration including issuing new cards, canceling cards, compiling credit cards information for general ledger entry and verifying purchases have been coded to appropriate accounts.
- Verification for home warranty appliance buyouts and replacements.
- Tracking of all company assets and backup documentation.
- Process reoccurring payments such as garnishments, liability insurance, lease payments and Co-op agreements.
- Balancing of all balance sheet accounts for both assets and liabilities.
- Balancing of various expense accounts as requested.
- Display commitment to superior customer service.
- Respond promptly to incoming phone calls.
- Actively promote and solicit sales of new or additional ServiceOne products by optimizing inbound, referral and follow-up opportunities.
- Support organization's goals and values.
- Understand business implications of decisions.
- Interface with other departments to resolve customer questions and issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate work flow.
- Thorough knowledge of ServiceOne products, policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines in the most efficient manner possible.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Windows and Office Products.
- Ability to use a phone, calculator, computer, keyboard and a variety of other commonly used office equipment.
- Ability to communicate proficiently, effectively and professionally in both verbal and written forms.
- Bilingual skills preferred (English/Spanish).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- 2-5 years accounting experience preferred.
- Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics Accounting Software experience preferred.