Last week, we noticed a rash of “stolen packages” posts hit Facebook and other social media and news outlets. Criminals are just walking up and stealing packages off of other people’s front porches or welcome mats. What can be done to prevent this or to help police catch the people who are doing this?
The burglary statistics in the U.S. are alarming, and here in the Midwest, we aren’t immune to these crimes. 88% of all burglaries occur at residences. In addition, 34% of burglars enter through the front door and 23% of burglars gain entrance through a first-floor window.
Why Do You Need A Reliable, Smart Home Security Solution?
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution to protect and secure your home. This is a given, but even the FBI states that 1 in 3 homes without a security system will be burglarized, as compared to 1 in 250 homes that do have a security system of some sort.
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution for a bright homecoming every evening. While we may think of this as more of a comfort thing, it’s definitely for security, too. With a smart home solution, you can come home to a well-lit house, without the huge electric bill from leaving your lights on all day.
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution to efficiently welcome in your guests. With a smart app connected to your front door, you can unlock/open the door for guests, without letting all of the hot air escape from your home and keeping unwanted guests or intruders out.
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution to let you know when the door’s been left open - even when you’re away from home. Kids are out of school for breaks, guests may be coming in and out, deliveries are getting dropped off, things are just chaotic. With the app on your phone, you can get a notification if the door’s been left standing open so you can re-secure your home and stop letting the warm air out, too!
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution to prevent holiday package theft. With doorbell cameras that notify you when you have a delivery or someone is at your door, you can give your delivery person access to leave your package right inside your front door and you can re-secure your home right after they’ve shut the front door.
- You need a reliable, smart home security solution to spook potential burglars. With a yard sign or window decal, most burglars know to head the other way when they’re staking out your house. But if that doesn’t deter them, you can always use the smart app to take high-quality pictures or videos to share with others on social media or with the police. If even that doesn’t make them think twice, you can speak to them through the app as well. Imagine how spooked that could make potential burglars!
For over 25 years, ServiceOne has been trusted to provide top-notch sales and service to homes and businesses in the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area and in Dubuque, Iowa. With over 90 employees standing by to help you, you can always trust us to deliver 100% satisfactory service. We offer Home Warranty & Service Agreements, HVAC services, Plumbing services, Electrical services, Appliance Repair, and also help with Generators and Home & Business Automation. For more information about our services, contact us today!